The Master Online Photovoltaics has two tracks, a fast track and a broad track. They differ in a one-year preparation module.
Admission to the Fast Track
Admission to the Fast Track has the highest requirements reagarding your physics and engineering knowledge and skills. You need a Eurpoean Master degree with 300 ECTS (or equivalent foreign degree) in the following fields:
- Microsystems Engineering
- Material Science
- Electrical Engineering
Other Master degrees can be accepted if they have covered at least the following content:
- Fundamentals of Physics with a volume corresponding to 15 ECTS.
- Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering with a volume corresponding to 10 ECTS.
- Higher Mathematics with a volume corresponding to 4 ECTS.
- Solid State Physics and/or Semiconductor Physics and/or Material Science with a volume corresponding to 15 ECTS.
Admission to the Broad Track
The Broad Track allows a much wider intake of students. It is one year longer than the Fast Track and contains very specialized "preparation" modules that teach the required skills in Physics, Electrical Engineering and Mathematics.
Applicants can be admitted if they have at least a European Bachelor's Degree with 180 ECTS or a higher degree (or foreign equivalent) in a technical field or in natural sciences. The final grade of the previous degree must correspond to "good" or better. Foreign degrees will be rated according to the "anabin" (Anerkennung und Bewertung auslšndischer Bildungsnachweise) database.
Typical examples for degrees requiring the Broad Track are:
- All applicable Bachelor's Degrees (e.g. Physics, Applied Physics, Engineering, Chemistry ...)
- MSc in Engineering fields other than Electrical Engineering, e.g Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- MSc in Biology, Chemistry
If you are unsure about which track is suitable for you, please contact us at study(at)pv-master.com.
The program is taught in English. Please be sure to have enough English language skills to succesfully follow the program. The required proficiency level is B2 according to the European framework of languages.